Monday, August 24, 2009

Classic Movie Sickness Part 2


Been going through my classic movie collection tonight. It has gotten out of hand, perhaps. I have amassed approximately 502 movies. This does include a few purchased DVD's but most of them are movies I recorded from TCM. It all started with the idea that we were going to cancel cable and I needed my classic movie fix. Now it has become, I NEED every movie with Bette Davis, Jean Arthur, etc. etc. This month of the stars has not helped my addiction as I have begun new collections of stars. Marion Davies, Clark Gable, Fredrick March. How can I resist recording them when they are all there calling out to me... Corrie, we aren't on DVD... how are you ever going to watch us again??? Believe me, I haven't even begun to watch all these movies. I've seen the beginnings for sure of all of them, to make sure they recorded I've fast forwarded through them. I think what also fueled my obsession is my DVDpedia database. I can collect them all, download their descriptions from IMDB wherein it will be cross referenced with all the others. I can simply type in "Preston Sturges" and all the movies that he wrote or directed will appear together. Then there are the movie posters. The chance to collect those beauties may be the most fun part of all. Do I need to enroll in a 12-step program? Perhaps.

No comments: