Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mockingbird hatchling #1


Mockingbird hatchling!, originally uploaded by bossamama.

Mabel has been sitting on her nest diligently the last few days. I have been careful not to walk by and disturb her. Today, she finally flew away for a moment so I could have a peek. I saw one tiny fuzzy head poking up. Mark took this blurry picture, he is my designated picture taker in these situations. I kept watch for Mabel and Marvin- who flew into the tree right next to Mark- I thought for sure they were gonna pull an all out hawk-style attack, but they didn't- they just squawked a lot. We quickly got out of there, I don't want to endanger the nest. Hopefully, the rest of the crew will arrive soon. We have to think of names! First born, I think- Maurice.

1 comment:

casa M said...

Amazing!What a wildlife habitat you've got there!