Tuesday, July 14, 2009

recovery and inspiration

As Barney Frank said last night on The Daily Show, people would rather receive stimulation than recovery, when referring to what to call the "stimulus package."

As I recover from my second surgery I'm trying to take it slow. I'm trying to save myself for the future. Instead of the "I'm young still I can do anything," I have to approach it as "I'm young, but I have to preserve myself by not overdoing it." The last few days have felt stale and I feel like an old stone just sitting, waiting. I've been trying to stimulate my mind. But what I've been doing is consuming like crazy. Not food, it isn't sitting too well as the anesthesia still affects my body. I have read a whole book, watched a lot of amazing movies and read a lot of New Yorker articles and snarky internet news blogs. I've been trying to inspire myself with thoughts of projects, but nothing really grabbed me.

Then this morning as I sat on the side of the tub changing a diaper (we do them standing up now) I glanced up and saw this...

... and inspiration struck.

No comments: