Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tree Removal Drama

Going to have a huge oak removed from the back next week. I would be sad about it, but it's got to go.  It's dangerously tall and half rotten.  It could fall on one of three houses in a storm, one of them being ours.  Had some neighborly disputes over where exactly the workmen were going to do the chopping.  For some reason our back neighbor really thinks he and his yard are superior to us and our yards.  He's extremely rude and outlandishly aggressive about the whole thing.  He had a yelling match with our other neighbor. My husband played peacemaker, sweetheart that he is.  I am so anti-confrontational.  It all makes me nervous.  I'm glad I wasn't there, I would have burst into tears like a baby and run away.  But hopefully it will all go smoothly and we'll get a few benefits, mostly freedom from fear of a big tree crashing on our house!

No comments: