Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Day After


Tablecloth, originally uploaded by bossamama.

The girls were supposed to let me sleep in. I guess they did by an hour. Finally rambled out of bed then was surprised by the ring of the doorbell. We all forgot about the life insurance nurse arriving to give an exam. Embarrassing pajama/bird's nest hair door-answering ensued. Of course I had also boycotted kitchen cleaning yesterday and the house was a bit of a mess.

Last night went out to eat very late. Decided to make it a tradition the last day of school to take the children out to dinner embarrassingly late- 9pm to be exact. We closed the restaurant down along with another family with a young child- embarrassment erased (we left before they did!) Out in the parking lot had an interesting experience. H. was dutifully waiting near the car-standing very still while I loaded up Little L. It took a while so I told H. to go around to the other side of the car with Daddy so the lady who was parked right next to us could back out. I motioned for the lady that it was clear. She then rolled down her window and yelled at me with a very mean voice "Maybe you should keep an eye on your kid!" Apparently the irate lady had had a bad date- I had heard her walking to her car and turning to her date sarcastically saying "Thanks for the great dinner!" Gee whiz.

Yesterday had the sewing bug still, made this tablecloth and a toss pillow cover from fabric I've had for years. I've simply been throwing the unsewn fabric on the table as a cloth. Which was okay except it had to be folded to fit and it was all frayed at the edges from multiple washings. Now maybe I'll go around and hem up all the raw edges in the house!

No comments: