Friday, September 03, 2010

Spritzers and popcorn


Spritzers and popcorn, originally uploaded by bossamama.

Have a couple of the girl's friends over after school today. When I asked them what they wanted to drink, they yelled "spritzers!" This is a drink that gets served here regularly to visiting children. They mostly love them and it sounds very exotic. If there is a new child, they will ask, very intrigued "What is it?" It's simply half juice, half soda water mixed together. We've tried all sorts of juices- orange, apple, cranberry, those veggie/fruit mixes- they all taste good. I started concocting these when I was pregnant and craving too much soda. They are great for kids, it cuts down on the juice and gives them the bubbly satisfaction. They can even be a little more grown up, cutting down on the juice and adding more soda- which can look very sophisticated to the other kids. I served them up with my locally famous popcorn, popped in my 50+ year old electric popcorn popper. Really, it is the best popcorn, you can ask anyone who's had it. And if you are at my house at some point in this lifetime- you will eat popcorn. And, I'll make you a spritzer too.

No comments: