Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a neat place this is

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust

Okay, I'm not going to lie and pretend to know much about Proust. Even though I graduated with a Humanities degree- somehow Proust was missed. I'll be sure to look him up soon. I actually found this quote on a card that I bought at my dear friend Diana's shop. I intended to give it to someone as a proper thank you card, but of course I never did and it is hanging on my bulletin board instead. But I do like the quote- very simple. I thought it was appropriate for the way I'm thinking at the moment.

I've enjoyed so much putting together this blog and it's been quite a fun diversion- maybe too much! But it has helped me establish and sort of organize my identity a little bit. You tend to get lost in the everyday housework, the kids overwhelming life forces, things pulling you in every direction. You become someone's mom, whose name no one ever remembers or who isn't recognized without a child attached. I do enjoy this life as mom and household engineer, but it's nice to blow off steam and have some fun here.

I also have been so excited that my friends have been enjoying this place. I do it for you too. I'm excited to be able to have these chats- even if they are one way a lot of times. I know you're out there! I miss you all that are so far away, and even the ones that are right down the street. We are all so busy these days it's hard to make time for each other. The internet is such an amazing place. You hear all the bad stuff regularly, but I think it's a wonderful and amazing thing. Imagine, you read a book and enjoy it- you feel as if you've become the author's friend. So you find her blog and leave her a note- and amazingly enough she writes you back the next day! What a cool little world this has become!

Thanks for being my friends, old and new.

No comments: